Structural-Mechanical Inspector Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/25/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Structural-Mechanical Inspector to join our client's growing organization in Pittsburgh, PA. For this position, any API certifications will be considered but aren't necessary to apply. The Inspector must be willing to travel to client sites. The majority of the travel will be in the tri-state region.
The Inspector will assist with the on-going Structural Inspection Programs. This will involve completing the day-to-day structural inspections of various facilities or structures as directed by the site project lead. These facilities are not limited to Tanks, Pressure Vessels, Piping, Cranes and Crane Runways, Bridges, Buildings, and Roadways. Our client operates across the entire United States. Travel will be required. Industries Served are chemicals, general heavy manufacturing, metals (ferrous and nonferrous), petrochemicals, power generation (fossil), refining, pulp and paper.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists project manager with the completion of inspections, completing environmental and engineer reports in accordance with project documents.
- Interprets design drawings, specifications, inspection reports and company policies to subordinates and/or contractors and assist in the enforcement of safety regulations.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- In addition, our primary work product includes the following:
- Tank Inspections
- Asset Evaluations
- Confined Space Inspections
- Critical Structures Management Programs
- Crane and Crane Runway Inspections
- Knowledge of OSHA Crane Inspections
- Similar with CMAA Crane Classifications and Standards
- Due Diligence
- Fall Protection
- Hoisting and Lifting Devices
- Mechanical Integrity
- Safe Workplace Programs
- Associates degree from a college/university or technical College; or one (1) to two (2) of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (This would be for the more experienced Inspector)
- Basic knowledge of established industry practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled inspection tasks.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to pass government security checks.
Individuals with the following certifications will be given priority consideration:
- BSCE (Optional)
- BSME (Optional)
- API 510 Certified Inspector (Optional)
- API 570 Certified Inspector (Optional)
- API 653 Certified Inspector (Optional)
- ASNT TC-1A Level II, MT, PT, LT and VT Certifications (Optional)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.