DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Planning/Facilities Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 7/12/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Contract to Hire
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Planning/Facilities Designer for our client, a well-established consulting engineering firm in Pittsburgh.
- Develop complete designs layouts, including General Arrangements, in association with Mechanical Equipment drawings, Structural steel drawings, Foundation/Civil drawings, Electrical drawings and site arrangement drawings. The design layouts will serve as the basis [background] for the other Disciplines" design engineering.
- Assume responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs and work with limited supervision on complex projects, providing a predetermined level of detailed design, specific Project to Project.
- Self-monitor progress of Project design, conferring with Project Engineers and reviewing reports to see that development is progressing according to schedule.
- Be able to perform Optimization Studies for existing Melt Shops, Warehouses, Yards, etc.
- Supports development of Project proposals for Customers.
- Ability to work with a collaborative, cross-functional Team and to relate directly to our engineering force and customer base.
- Ten (10) or more years of recognized experience working as a Designer developing:
- General Arrangements
- Preliminary Equipment Layouts
- Preliminary Facility Layouts
- Emergency Safety Response Plans
- Preliminary Engineering Studies
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2017 - 2019™ 2D, with a familiarity with 3D design as a plus, but not required.
- Proficient with Ergonomic Standards associated with Operation and Maintenance personnel working in heavy industry.
- Proficient with Standard practice of walkway, stair, platform, access and clearance design layouts.
- Proficient in roadway and railway design standards for Facility layouts.
- Familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] and Building Safety Standards.
- Proficient in problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical and conceptual skills are needed.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with ability to motivate Team efforts to accomplish goals.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.