Process Engineer/Specialist Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/10/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Process Engineer for our client, a well-known consulting engineering firm in Pittsburgh. This position requires thorough knowledge of process design and engineering techniques. The Process Engineer will be responsible for planning and conducting work independently that requires judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques and procedures. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and client standards.
- Develop and review conceptual designs.
- Develop and review Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process engineering calculations including heat and material balances.
- Basis of design process scope documents.
- Participate in client PHA and MOC reviews.
- Review and advise on equipment layouts.
- Process equipment sizing calculations, specifications, data sheets, and bid tabulations. a. Pumps b. Heat Exchangers c. Vessels d. Lines e. Relief Valves f. Vapor/Liquid Separators g. Flares and Thermal Oxidizers h. Material Handling Equipment.
- Develop Equipment, PSV, valve, line and specialty items lists.
- Monitor/review/supervise the work of less experienced engineers/specialists and assist with training. This includes mentoring of less experienced engineers and helping develop them into process engineers/specialists.
- Interface with other internal engineering disciplines (piping, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design and complete engineering deliverables.
- Accountable for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks and preparation of engineering deliverables.
- Interface with Clients and vendors to define project scope, resolve technical issues, and assist with preparation of procurement documents.
- Participation in Client/contractor meetings, preparation of meeting minutes.
- Field trips to Client sites as required determining existing as-built conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals as required.
- Check vendor drawings to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred) from an accredited college and seven (7) years of experience in chemical, gas processing, refining, metals, or similar industries.
- Experience in air pollution or wastewater treatment equipment design would be favored.
- Experience with process simulation software (Aspen/HYSYS preferred).
- Must possess a valid driver's license with the ability to travel as needed.
- Possess excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Has an excellent working knowledge of process engineering principles and is proficient applying this knowledge to process design.
- General computer proficiency.
- Ability to work in a team environment for project collaboration.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on schedules within budgets.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.