DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Sr. Piping Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/15/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Contract Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Piping Designer on behalf of our client, a local consulting engineering company that specializes in heavy industrial projects. This positions will work to specifications and written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practice, codes, standards, and procedures to prepare piping designs. They will also, provide technical guidance and be responsible for neatness and accuracy of own work.
- Initiates engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the project requirements with little supervision.
- Prepares complete piping designs including, plans, sections, details, bills of material.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines that affect the piping design.
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to route and support piping.
- Oversees the piping design effort on assigned project
- Responsible for maintaining project schedules and budgets for the piping design.
- Minimum five (5) years of piping design experience
- Demonstrated experience as Piping Designer Leader for one opening
- AutoCAD 2D proficient, AutoCAD Plant3D or other 3D platform experience beneficial
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs
- Process and utility piping experience in an industrial environment
- Experienced in piping design for steel mill piping including melt shops and continuous casters
- Familiar with FRP piping design and supporting
- Familiar with isometric drawings and bills of material
- Able to conduct field investigations to verify pipe routings
- Previous piping design lead responsibilities
- Experience with direct contact with client
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.