DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Piping Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/15/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Contract Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Piping Designer for our client, a local consulting engineering company who specializes in heavy industrial projects. This position will work to specifications and written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practice, codes, standards, and procedures to prepare piping designs. The Piping Designer will provide technical guidance and is responsible for neatness and accuracy of their own work.
- Initiates engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the project requirements with little or no supervision.
- Prepares complete 3D piping designs including routing, supporting and generating 2D drawings.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines that affect the piping design.
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to route and support piping.
- Checks piping 3D model and 2D drawings prepared by others in the group.
- Prepares complete piping designs including, plans, sections, details, bills of material.
- Minimum six (6) - ten (10) years of piping design experience
- AutoCAD Plant 3D proficient
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs
- Experienced with industrial piping
- Experienced in piping design for steel mill piping including melt shops and continuous casters
- Experienced in extracting 2D drawings and piping isometric drawings from 3D model
- Experienced in locating and 3D modeling complex pipe supports
- Able to conduct field investigations to verify pipe routings
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.