HVAC Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/15/2021
Contract Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an HVAC Engineer for our client, a local consulting engineering company who specializes in both heavy industrial and commercial projects. Based on project requirements, the HVAC Engineer will complete engineering and design for HVAC systems and work with client and others in the preparation of the project deliverables. They will interface directly with client through written and verbal communication. Also, prepare HVAC load calculations, prepare equipment and installation specifications, sizes and select equipment and check the work of others.
- Determines project requirements related to the HVAC systems
- Performs engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepares equipment specifications and purchase requisitions
- Provides oversight and checks work of designers
- Prepares work packages for HVAC contractors
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintains proper engineering files and records
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum five (5) years of direct HVAC design engineering experience in an industrial or commercial environment
- P.E. License beneficial
- Knowledge of operation of the various types of industry equipment and systems
- Understanding of Industry and Building Codes and Energy Efficiency Standards
- Proficient in the use load calculation software
- AutoCAD experience beneficial
- ComCheck experience beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to define project scopes
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.