DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Plant Layout/Facilities Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/15/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Contract Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Plant Layout/Facilities Designer for our client, a local consulting engineering company who specializes in both heavy industrial and commercial projects. The primary role of the Plant Layout/Facilities Designer is to create 2D or 3D CAD drawings of various systems using precise details for location, Work Points and Survey Points as required. The work is project oriented mainly for customers in the industrial industries such as steel, power, material handling, and water treatment.
- Primarily responsible for creating working layouts and drawings for submittals for contractor bid and construction, typically involving industrial building elements (floors, columns, sheeting, roofing rooms, etc.), equipment, structures, foundations piping, conduit, and Site Plans.
- Use the latest version of AutoCAD 2D, AutoCAD Plant3D, Inventor, Navisworks to design and produce detailed 2D and 3D drawings.
- Understanding and implementing the use of external import files from surveys or point cloud scans with their coordinate systems.
- Must be willing to travel to domestic facilities for data gathering, meetings, site surveys, etc., including possible international travel.
- May be required to Evaluate vendor bids and drawings to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of project.
- Reviews and monitors subcontracted technical services and activities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and project kick off meetings, when required by project
- Design and checks drawings for functionality, accuracy, ability to manufacture and assemble, and for overall compliance with project requirements.
- Prepare general arrangements, PFDs and P&IDs for projects and proposals.
- Deliver project design packages per projects specifications.
- Develop bills of materials.
- Maintain and develop standard drawings for projects and products per both Company and Industry standard guidelines.
- Review project and vendor specifications.
- May schedule, coordinate and monitor the activities of other designers, assisting with a part of a major project to ensure timely production of design steps and processes.
- Coordinates with multiple discipline departments to ensure layouts comply with all discipline requirements.
- Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
- Associate Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; concentration in Mechanical Drafting and Design or five (5) - ten (10) years' experience in Mechanical Drafting and Design.
- Ten (10) + years related work experience with AutoCAD.
- Driver's License is required.
- Skilled with AutoCAD software with experience in creating and editing 3D models, using reference files and paper space detailing.
- Experience in laying out complex systems for various facility equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and complete several projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word, Excel required
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.