Machinist II Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/16/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Machinist II on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with facilities in the Pittsburgh area. The Machinist II will plan and layout complex machining operations; fabricate and assemble various types and sizes of product parts, tooling, and assemblies; perform jig, fixture, tool, and die work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes various types of manual, numerically controlled, and computerized machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic materials.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of product.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines including but not limited to lathes, mills, jig borers, and precision grinders to perform multiple machining operations and ensure the proper utilization of equipment and material.
- Fabricates complicated parts having many interrelated dimensions, compound angles, irregular surfaces, coordinate and exacting tolerances requiring the layout of parts, the selection and use of hand tools, and/or the setup and operation of various machine tools.
- Improvises production aides as necessary to facilitate operations.
- Reworks and calibrates production parts or assemblies and machine tooling as required; checks each component for accuracy.
- Suggests changes in design involving productivity and process of manufacture to proper staff.
- Lays out, forms, and fabricates all gauges of sheet metal, extruded, and tubing materials using check templates, hand tools, and hand-operated and power-driven machines.
- Sets up punch presses and operates various types and sizes of power brakes to form, pierce, or straighten metal parts as needed.
- Sets up and operates tape-controlled punch press automatically or manually to blank and pierce various parts.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of industry, machinery, and techniques.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and considerations.
- Provides all required reports and/or correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understanding of blueprints and routers.
- Excellent communication and basic math skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.