Lathe Operator Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/16/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Lathe Operator on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with facilities in the Pittsburgh area. The Lathe Operator will plan and lay out complex machining operations; fabricate and assemble various types and sizes of product parts, tooling, and assemblies; perform jig, fixture, tool, and die work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize various types of manual, numerically controlled, and computerized machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic materials.
- Work from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; perform standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Select the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of product.
- Operate a variety of machines including but not limited to lathes, mills, drill presses, and metal cutting saws to perform multiple machining operations and ensure the proper utilization of equipment and material.
- Possess and maintain thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and considerations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) to four (4) years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understanding of blueprints and routers.
- Excellent communication and basic math skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.