Odorization Technician Morgantown, WV Posted: 9/17/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking Odorization Technicians on behalf of our client, a leading provider of natural gas services in North America. This is a full-time, direct opportunity located in northern West Virginia. The Odorization Technician will work at the facility and remotely throughout the USA on a variety of natural gas related projects such as: installation and/or removal of tanks, supply lines; completing preventative maintenance of equipment; pipeline pickling, chemical spill remediation, chemical delivery and transfer while following all applicable regulations (DOT, OSHA, etc.).
- Travel (drive / fly) to client locations throughout the USA to complete assignments:
- Decommission aged equipment and prepare for shipment.
- Installation of new odorant equipment, small diameter pipe, and tubing.
- Troubleshoot and complete preventative maintenance of natural gas equipment
- Set up and monitor company equipment for natural gas pipeline pickling
- Safe and odor free transfer of chemicals between tanks
- Chemical spill remediation
- Capability to drive box trucks and pickup trucks w/ trailers
- Comply with State/Federal Regulations and company Safety Standards at all times while performing duties
- Complete timely and accurate documentation: work orders, DOT logs, expense reports, etc.
- Understanding of DOT regulations
- Exercise sound judgment in proper resolution of a problem and seek direction from team and/or supervisor when necessary
- Knows and adheres to standards of quality and customer service
- Enter and update equipment status in company MapYourTag account
- Desire to progress to a Senior Level Technician
- Flexible for travel throughout the USA - Travel over 50% and sometimes with short notice
- Strong mechanical and electrical problem-solving skills with some formal technical training
- Basic understanding of fluid pressure and flow
- Ability to quickly assess problems and process workable solutions
- Ability to follow complex written procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a diverse group
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with coworkers and clients
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation
- Effective dealing with scheduling problems and/or changes
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable to drive rental vehicles
- Must be 23 years of age (insurance requirement)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.