CNC Machinist Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/23/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a CNC Machinist on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based manufacturer. This is for 2nd and 3rd shift roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and Operates CNC machines and other equipment
- 'Independently' runs multiple machines during assigned shift
- Takes responsibility for and determines the action needed to ensure machines continue to produce during your shift
- Login to Job Boss daily to document machine activity during your shift.
- Initial and date Job Travelers and know how they are used to track job flow in the shop
- Maintains tools as necessary to complete objectives. Make tool off-sets, change warn inserts and tooling
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Understand and be proficient at using necessary measuring instruments.
- Be able to read blueprints and produce parts to required specifications.
- Be able to learn to reset/fix machine when specific alarm codes are indicated due to tool break or machine malfunction.
- Perform required maintenance on the machines and fill out required maintenance associated paperwork.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Clean machined parts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) year machining work experience required preferably CNC Turning.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and technology used in the set-up and safe operation of various types of machines.
- Some ability to diagnose manual machine failures and perform minor repairs.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Be aware of hazards and work with safety as a priority.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction and capable of reading blueprints.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Eager to learn new things and self- motivated.
- Able to see tasks through to completion.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read blueprints
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings on time.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to working overtime when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.