Chemical Operator I Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/24/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Chemical Operator I on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based chemical processing company. The role of the Chemical Operator is to learn to operate various types of chemical processing equipment safely and efficiently and in compliance with prescribed operating procedures.
- Become proficient in the operation of a variety of process equipment, including reaction systems, distillation systems, filters, extractors, autoclaves, reactors, pumps, and centrifuges in compliance with prescribed operating procedures.
- Load and unload raw materials, intermediates, and finished products into and out of process equipment.
- Obtain the knowledge required to set up and adjust indicating and controlling devices.
- Monitor and record reactions, noting changes in chemical and physical properties and compositional changes of substances.
- Master adjusting valves and controls to maintain system at specified temperature, pressure, and vacuum levels.
- Maintain log of gauge readings, shift production, and equipment malfunctions.
- Learn to draw product samples and perform test to ensure product meets specifications.
- Promote and support the company's safety and quality initiatives in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Keep work area neat and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent mathematical and reading skills including the ability to obtain a passing score on the Wonderlic Personnel Test.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity is essential.
- Occasional lifting requirement of 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
- Adequate eyesight in order to inspect and describe reactions.
- The ability to wear a respirator while performing certain job functions is essential.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible hours.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.