DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Electrical/Instrumentation Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/28/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical/Instrumentation Designer for our client, a well-known national consulting engineering company. This position provides drafting services for Low Voltage and Medium Voltage electrical systems, control (including networking) and instrumentation for diverse industrial sectors including water treatment and material handling, petrochemical processing and material handling, mining material handling, and also general commercial work such as building lighting, HVAC power and exterior lighting.
- Operate CAD workstations using AutoCAD software, plotters, printers, and other associated equipment to support the preparation of designs for electrical and instrumentation / automation designs, and construction-phase services.
- Support preparation of engineering reports, cost estimates, specifications, construction schedules, and designs for projects for electrical/instrumentation, and process design drawings that include equipment, control panels, electrical schematics and single lines, conduit and cable schedules, process piping and flow diagrams, etc.
- Associate Degree in Drafting/CADD or certificate from college or technical school required -OR- candidate must have five (5) or more years of experience with AutoCAD preparing drawings.
- Must be able to prepare plans, profiles, and detail drawings using AutoCAD.
- Must have good communication skills for team project communications.
- Experience working in a consulting environment will be considered an asset.
- Must have Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge for preparation of specifications and other various documents.
- Must be able to take over projects with minimal training.
- Experience in CAD Design with respect to the business sectors mentioned above is highly desired.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.