Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/28/2021
Contract to Hire
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, a well-known national consulting engineering company, for their Pittsburgh office. The Electrical Engineer will provide engineering and design services for electrical, control and automation systems for industrial, commercial, and government projects. Any experience as an Electrical Design Leader for engineering and design work is a plus.
- Carry out with the assigned team, engineering and design for electrical related project tasks including switching schemes and single line diagrams; three-line diagrams; control elementary and connection wiring diagrams; electrical equipment sizing and specification; equipment arrangements; above ground and underground raceway systems; layouts for lighting and grounding; lightning protection; communication and network architecture, and; cable sizing and scheduling.
- Ensure that work is executed in accordance with sound engineering principles, the Project Execution Plan, Project Engineering Plan, the contract, and established procedures and practices.
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with applicable government regulations, standards and sound engineering practices. Coordinates with the Discipline manager to conduct peer reviews of deliverables as required.
- Ensure that required reviews and approvals are provided and documented.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, initiate written change requests for job-hour budgets, schedules and construction commodity quantities, when required.
- Provide input into improvement ideas during project execution and close-out.
- Hands on, in-depth working experience in design related to low voltage and medium voltage power systems to include single line diagrams, protection and control schemes, three-line diagrams, elementary and connection wiring diagrams, equipment sizing and specification, equipment arrangement, above ground and underground raceway systems, layouts for power, lighting and grounding, lightning protection, AC and DC power supplies, and communication systems.
- The candidate will have experience in preparing technical specifications for electrical equipment, evaluation of proposals, and will be able to review vendor drawings.
- The candidate should have professional communication skills (client relations, team project communications, and proposal and report development).
- Working experience in a consulting environment will be considered an asset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology is required, registered as a Professional Engineer is a plus.
- Four (4) years of related experience in electrical engineering as a P.E. or ten (10) years as a non-PE.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in the creation of drawings, drawing checking and in the preparation and documentation of construction documentation such as bills of material.
- In addition, the candidate will have knowledge of industrial process piping design. Experience should familiarity with associated equipment such as valves, instrumentation, and other in-line equipment in accordance with industry and client standards.
- Must be capable of working with other technical design staff in a team environmental and participate in day-to-day design activities.
- Experience with proposals and scope of work preparation and project documentation is also preferred.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.