Mechanical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/29/2021
Contract to Hire
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our client, a national consulting engineering organization, for their Pittsburgh office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares basic design sketches and performs calculations in support of broader design activities involving the design of equipment, components, structures, or systems.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Gathers data to help prepare equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications for simple equipment and specialty items.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- Participates in plant Start-ups.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five (5) - ten (10) years of experience in petrochemical project execution
- Working knowledge of ASME B31 Piping Codes (specifically B31.3) and ASME BPVC
- Knowledge of ASME B73.1, B73.2 or API 610 and some experience with reviewing curves and making pump selections
- Piping Stress Analysis (working knowledge of CAESAR II and NOZZLE PRO software)
- Piping Engineering (performed internal/external pressure calculations (pipe wall thickness), knowledge of pipe and valve specification development including technical evaluations of valves, reviewing pressure testing requirements)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.