Industrial Electrician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/30/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Industrial Electrician on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based steel manufacturer. This is an hourly position in a unionized setting and applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends, as required.
To inspect, repair, replace, install, wire, adjust and maintain all electrical equipment in the plant. Makes mechanical repairs to cranes, and as otherwise required in connection with electrical service.
Tools and Equipment:
Drill press, power saw, chain fall, burning equipment, portable drill and grinder, safety devices, miscellaneous electrical testing equipment and hand tools, pipe benders, soldering equipment, etc.
AC and DC equipment, such as electric furnace, cranes, manipulator, motors, generators, controls, switches, circuit breakers, transformer, control panels, lighting circuits, wire, tape, insulation, repair parts, control circuits, conduit, fittings, etc.
- Receives instructions, wiring diagrams, specifications, etc., covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done. Answers signal for electrical maintenance.
- Inspects all electrical equipment in the plant, checking motor bearings, lubrication, commutation, excessive vibration, obvious signs of wear or need for adjustment, etc. When faulty operation is observed or pointed out by operating crews, diagnose trouble using testing equipment or own judgment based on general knowledge of electrical principles. Perform work on "hot' lines as required.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage, or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Interpret and analyze drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and trace electrical circuits, to determine material and replacement needs, and to select a logical approach to "trouble shooting" and repair problems.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates electrical equipment taking all safety precautions.
- Adjusts equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Makes either temporary or permanent repairs as required to equipment, such as main motor drives, generators, control panels, relays, interlocking control systems, electronic devices and circuit breakers.
- Makes mechanical and electrical repairs on cranes. Makes mechanical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical equipment.
- Erects scaffolds and performs simple rigging as required.
- Operates small machine tools, such as drill press, power saw, etc.
- Check air compressor for proper operation. May start, stop or adjust compressor.
- Occasionally may operate crane as required to charge ingots in furnaces. Occasionally may make miscellaneous lifts as required on non-operating turns.
- Maintains clean and orderly working area.
- May make emergency, minor mechanical repairs in the absence of other maintenance personnel.
- Installs, splices or replaces sections of wire incidental to repair or temporary installation.
- May as required install conduit, fittings, switches, controls, fixtures, and connect and adjust electrical equipment for new installation or replacement of facilities, etc., or perform other related craft job duties as directed.
- Applicant must successfully complete a maintenance skills examination provided by Ramsey or similar.
- Demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years professional repair and troubleshooting experience or a similar combination of education and experience
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.