Millwright Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 9/30/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Millwright on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based steel manufacturer. The Millwright will inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain all mechanical equipment in the plant.
Tools and Equipment:
Drill press, power saw, chain fall, burning and welding equipment, portable power tools, miscellaneous hand tools, measuring devices, pipe threading, cutting and bending tools, etc.
Plant mechanical equipment, repair parts, lubricants, hardware, packing, miscellaneous stores materials, etc.
Works alone or directs Helpers and other workmen as required.
- Receives instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation, and inspection work to be done.
- Inspects plant equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Advises when immediate shut-down of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates mechanical equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics.
- Makes either temporary or permanent repairs.
- Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Performs pipe maintenance work, cuts, threads, bends and installs pipe on repair or installation work.
- Sets up and operates power tools, such as drill press, pipe-threading machine, power saw.
- Babbitts and scrapes bearings as required.
- Erects scaffolds and performs simple rigging as necessary.
- Refers to and interprets drawings in the maintenance and erection of equipment. May make rough sketches as directed.
- Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by current operating conditions.
- Directs and assists in cleaning up area after repair or installation is completed.
- Adds water treatment chemicals to water treating units as directed and required.
- Is responsible to supervision for maintaining standard stock of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally performs burning or welding necessary for maintenance work.
- Journeyman Card Preferred
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.