Electrical Project Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/6/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Project Engineer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
- Overall design responsibility of PLC and HMI Systems and Hardware for Coil Processing Lines.
- Selection (sizing) of Drives and other components such as transformers, Line Reactors, contactors, braking resistors, etc.
- Power and torque calculations for Drive systems.
- Sizing power cables and control wires, fuses, circuit breakers, etc.
- Program / write Drive control code for position, speed, and current / torque control.
- Tuning of above-mentioned control loops (Proportional, Integral, and Derivative gains or bandwidth method).
- PLC and HMI programming for Coil processing machines and complete lines.
- Engineering of E-stop, Zone control, and other safety circuits.
- Design and component sizing/selection for other control circuits (fuses, power supplies, control relays, motor starters, etc.)
- Operator Station and control panel layouts.
- Creating Bills of Material.
- Shop testing and field start-ups of Control Systems for coil processing Lines (PLC, HMI, AC and DC Drives, etc.)
- Interaction with customers and vendors.
- Troubleshoot problems with customers over the phone and/or remote connection to PLC, HMI, AC and DC Drives, etc.)
- Assist internal customer service department with identifying parts needed, pricing, etc.
- Some travel required. Approximately 15% - 25%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) years of Electrical Engineering experience working with PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting in an industrial environment with an OEM, Integrator, or End-User.
- AC and DC Drive system experience (preferably Rockwell / Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Nidec / Control Techniques)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Additional (preferred but not required) skills:
- AutoCAD experience
- Microsoft Access and/or other database software.
- Knowledge of computer and industrial communication networks.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code (as applies to industrial applications), NFPA79, and UL508A.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.