Technical Sales Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/12/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Sales Manager with Slab Casters experience on behalf of our client, a manufacturer of equipment and physical plants to the metal industry.
Profile and Job Duties:
1. Marketing Development:
- Customer relationship management by regular visit, knowing customer organization, tendering & purchasing process, steel plant shut-downs, spare part stock level, yearly budget.
- Understanding customer 'pain' of operation, propose improvement plan for better quality & productivity.
- Present and promote technical solutions/product/service to customer, e.g., spare part solution, machine performance improvement solution, metallurgical process solution and other value-added objects.
- Assess the install base and service potentials, define priorities of short-term service activities and long-term goals.
- Present offer/quotation to customer, contract negotiation
- Customer complains management
- Securing customer satisfaction
2. Quotation & contractual issue:
- Achieve the target of sales revenue, profit, improve the cash flow of order.
- In charge of contract negotiation and risk controlling according to company directions.
- Prepare technical and commercial agreement in consultation with the respective departments (engineering, operation, legal, workshop), e.g., price, delivery time, TA and payment terms.
3. Back-office work / internal communication:
- Learn about correct sales process and quality data in system ? Correct and keep data in order
- Coordinate with related internal departments (engineering, costing, order operation, legal, workshop, logistic)
- Share experience/ ideas with team member and pursuing a continuous improvement
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Required general knowledge of slab caster process and very good knowledge of slab caster equipment's; (segments and rolls in particular)
- At least three (3) years of work experience in heavy machinery or metallurgical industry, experience in erection/commissioning or maintenance and/or repair of metallurgical equipment is preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft office, especially Word, Excel and Power point, ability to develop and hold presentations;
- Able to handle commercial contract independently;
- Self-motivation, active approach towards the assigned tasks. Open personality, team spirit and active communication skills, honest
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (30-40% travel required)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.