Project Manager - Utilities Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 10/21/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Project Manager - Utilities for our client, a well-known consulting engineering organization, to add to their growing staff in Pittsburgh.
- Responsible for the execution of design activities for assigned projects, through both self-execution and as leader of project team.
- Utilizes thorough understanding of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards, Client Standards, Federal, State or Local Municipal Guidelines, and/or other applicable guidelines to complete engineering designs (Pole Replacements, Communication Space Rearrangements, Joint-Use Design) for possible joint-use or make-ready construction
- Function as Project Lead on specific projects as required. Schedule, organize and direct other engineers, designers and subcontractors in the completion of activities.
- Prepare, or supervise the preparation of, single or multidiscipline discipline proposals including development of scopes of work, project schedules and cost estimates.
- Prepare, review and/or check designs, drawings and other project documents related to this specific discipline on projects as required.
- Regularly utilizes Client proprietary software packages or equipment to complete daily responsibilities in the engineering design workflow process, may include facilitating new attachment permitting process
- Act as main point of contact or technical representative for designated Client(s) and provides regular project updates
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade technical standards/specifications to be used on specific projects, as well as centralized design basis and historical references.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines as set forth in corporate Project Management System and client standards.
- Responsible for managing and evaluating change orders and scope deviation
- Frequently communication with Client(s) on engineering design to best determine the most cost-effective solution for their project
- Provides timely and detailed documentation and support to accounting functions for ensuring projects are on budget and appropriately accounted
- Assist in the development of standards and procedures for the technical work performed within the department.
- Provide enhanced customer support as a technical liaison and support regional business development initiatives as a technical resource.
- May occasionally enter energized extra-high voltage substations up to 745kV and will need to coordinate with appropriate utility personnel throughout fielding activities within this location
- Work is split between office and field-based activities based on project needs
- High School Diploma or GED required with six (6) + years of experience in fieldwork or a construction environment, drafting, utility experience, or technical design
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Surveying, or related technical discipline with three (3) years of experience, with interest in fieldwork, or surveying.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Surveying, or related technical discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and a minimum of five (5) years of project management experience
- Project Management Training and/or PMP Certification a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple field-based team members assigned to projects with competing priorities while maintaining schedule and budget
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material management
- Ability to read and understand simple to complex construction schedules, and use such as a tool to forecast and project labor, construction, and material delivery activities
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawing/schematics
- Knowledge or experience in inspecting field conditions including pole attachment clearances, electrical conductors, power/communication equipment, and other construction assembly units during and after construction
- Ability to negotiate and develop relationships with current and new clients or contracting parties
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills, the ability to communicate with all level of the organization
- Skills required for this role include but are not limited to being detail-oriented, strong organization skills and excellent written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining an effective team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications
- Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver's license with insurance
- Familiar with Safe Work Practices and PPE applications
- Ability to work from home & an office setting, as required
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.