Automation Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/3/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Automation Engineer for our client, a national consulting engineering company, for their growing Pittsburgh office. The Automation Engineer will perform basic and routine automation engineering assignments associated with designing equipment, components, structures or systems.
- Responsible for the implementation of control systems and DCS/PLC/SCADA programming on Oil & Gas related projects. This position will be responsible for system specification, design, architecture, and development
- Prepare routine sketches and perform routine engineering calculations for project assignments
- Review vendor drawings for compliance with project specifications
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, vendors and other consultants
- Track and maintain awareness of the schedule and budget for assigned project assignments.
- Adhere to company quality standards and follow engineering checking and approval procedures.
- Comply with all company and client health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) standards as well as federal and local HSSE regulations.
- Actively participate in company and client hazard identification and observation programs, and immediately report any unsafe acts, conditions or incidents to your supervisor.
- Interact with drafting/design group to develop and review engineering drawings.
- Visit job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements, and conditions.
- Visit vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements/specifications.
- Prepare inquiry and purchase requisitions as well as bid tabulations associated with equipment purchases.
- Perform basic checking of engineering drawings and mathematical calculations.
- Adhere to safe design practices, while focusing on identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- Bachelor's Degree from ABET Accredited Institution preferred
- Experience configuring control systems on Oil & Gas projects
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification preferred
- Understands many other aspects of Automation, including PLC, DCS, SCADA/HMI, SIS, Electrical Design, Instrumentation Design and Industrial IT.
- Direct experience with configuration of various automation systems (process control systems, safety instrumented systems and fire and gas systems) including development code, ability to specify hardware and develop/modify graphics
- Automation System training/certification a plus
- Working knowledge of instrument and electrical design codes (ISA, NEC, API, etc.) preferred
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
- Ability to comprehend instructions and request clarification as necessary
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.