Electrical Engineer Cranberry Twp, PA Posted: 11/11/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company, has openings in both their Pittsburgh, PA and Buffalo, NY offices.
In this position the Electrical Engineer will perform engineering design within industrial power systems. The design responsibilities will primarily be focused on AC power systems from 120V-15kV as well as PLC control systems and will be reviewed and approved by the senior engineers. The Electrical Engineer will be required to design using the National Electric Code and other applicable standards. The Electrical Engineer will work with and provide direction to electrical designers. The Electrical Engineer position may have an opportunity to move into a Discipline Manger role based on performance.
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Calculations include short circuit, voltage drop, cable/conduit/cable tray sizing, arc flash, lighting, heat trace, etc.
- Design detailed drawing packages including electrical one-line diagrams, installation details, bills of material, panel schedules, lighting plans, motor schematics, conduit/cable plans, field wiring diagrams, etc.
- Create specifications for various electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, etc.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Engineering Technology Degree or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required with a focus in power systems.
- Three (3) - Fifteen (15) years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- EIT certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.