Piping Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 11/17/2021
Contract Full Time
6 Months +
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Piping Engineer on behalf of our client, a global multidisciplinary management, engineering, and development consultant. The Piping Engineer will define and develop the plan to meet the project requirements and manage a team of mechanical and piping engineers/designers to ensure regulatory code compliance and quality of deliverables. In addition, the engineer will assist in achieving the required project schedules and costs and resolution of all technical issues related to the discipline.
- Ensure that all work designed or supplied by the Mechanical/Piping engineering discipline complies with the relevant sections of mandatory health and safety standards, including any applicable mechanical or piping codes and standards referred to within the required jurisdiction for the Project with due consideration of relevant client engineering standards
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, execution strategy, cost and schedule with the Engineering Manager
- Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
- Develop the Piping work plan for insertion into the Project specific execution plan and develop and maintain the Project's scope of work documentation and revise as required during the design evolution
- Manage and review the Piping engineering work packages associated with all deliverables and time-based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary
- Review and approve Mechanical and Piping technical deliverables
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Manage Mechanical and Piping system requirements to achieve the Project results and monitor effectiveness
- Represent the Mechanical and Piping practice in project engineering co-ordination meetings
- Ensure co-ordination, between the Piping team and other disciplines of all activities being performed as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with Project procedures and the quality assurance plan and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in HAZOP reviews
- Ensure resolution of Mechanical and Piping issues during Project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of Mechanical and Piping engineering work
- Prepare enquiry documents, scopes of work, datasheets, etc.
- Prepare studies and reports as required by the project.
- Execute calculations as required.
- Adhere to and promote the company's corporate safety culture.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is a plus
- Experience in design and/or specification in heavy industrial projects.
- Minimum five (5) years mechanical and piping engineering experience with a minimum (2) two years project engineering experience or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Strong deliverable focus, ability to plan the work
- A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies related to the discipline
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
- Sound knowledge of Mechanical and Piping codes and standards applicable to the Project
- Sound technical knowledge of Piping system design, including P&ID development, line sizing, material selection, isolation requirements and valve selection.
- Familiarity with the requirements and application of pipe stress analysis, hydraulic flow calculations and heat loss study
- Knowledge of advanced Piping systems and management tools
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Site experience in a Mechanical or Piping technical role
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.