DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Mechanical CAD Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 12/6/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical CAD Designer on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based manufacturer.
- Designs, evaluates, and assists with developing mechanical/electro-mechanical parts and products.
- Creates and maintains design standards, drafting standards and technical drawings.
- Designs new and/or improves existing products and parts based on engineering specifications.
- Performs product development activities including layout, interpretation and implementation of customer specifications, and documentation requirements.
- Creates and maintains design standards, drafting standards, and MI sheets.
- Designs moderately complex new products and part.
- Designs improvements to existing products and parts based on engineering specifications.
- Based on work assignment, may test new and modified designs for reliability and manufacturability.
- Verifies parts and product conformance to performance specifications.
- Designs plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Designs products with engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- Works with internal drawing and order entry systems.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications through the manufacturing and testing process, proactively responding to questions and change requests.
- Interfaces with Planning and Manufacturing to ensure that new drawings and designs are compatible with manufacturing and assembly capabilities.
- Interfaces with customers to review, validate or request information needed to complete a job.
- Works closely with engineers to create and improve manufacturing systems and processes, and to develop drawings for a wide variety of machines and/or mechanical devices.
- Recommends organization and format changes to make drawings easier to use and understand.
- Ensures work practices are compliant with all OSHA and ISO standards.
- Follows all company and job-specific safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated comprehension of fundamental design and drafting standards.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to interpret instructions delivered in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to technical questions.
- Ability to navigate through practical problems when limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to learn/apply new ideas or methods.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Demonstrated engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis skills.
- Understanding of basic mechanical principles (force, torque, deflection, stress, yield, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of structural mechanics, materials science, and materials capabilities.
- Structured approach to identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities based on internal and external customer needs.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to proactively identify and correct errors.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD software and 2D Drafting/3D Modeling - AutoCAD/Inventor
- Ability to operate independently and collaborate well with others.
Credentials, Certifications & Industry-Specific Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or CAD preferred.
- One (1) - two (2) years of experience in mechanical engineering design and/or mechanical drafting.
- Ability to demonstrate required proficiency level/competency to successfully perform job.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.