DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Electrical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 12/7/2021
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Contract Full Time
6 Months +
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Designer for our client, an international consulting engineering firm, for their Pittsburgh office. The Electrical Designer is responsible for the production of electrical models and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the Lead Electrical Designer.
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using 2D/3D CAD software as required
- Produce designs and drawings for electrical systems, i.e., motor control center schematic diagrams, protection block diagrams, cable schedules, single line drawings, power distribution layouts, general arrangement drawings and grounding/earthing designs
- Complete cable tray/rack routing and design 3D modelling
- Apply the requirements of IEC/IEEE/or local codes/standards as applicable to the respective project in executing electrical design work
- Check drawings prior to release
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models
- In conjunction with electrical engineering staff, produce detailed engineering drawings and documentation for identified and approved concepts/projects
- Participation in formal engineering review processes
- Verify on-site condition and dimensions relating to existing facilities.
- Electrical engineering diploma from a recognized college
- Minimum of five (5) years electrical design experience
- Experience within a large-projects such as mining, power, petrochemical and refinery industries, in multi-disciplinary EPCM environment
- Ability to design in a 3D environment
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.