Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 12/7/2021
Contract Full Time
6 Months +
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our client's electrical team in their Pittsburgh office. The Electrical Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports. The Electrical Engineer is also responsible for assistance/participation in on-site commissioning.
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Electrical Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Prepare general layout drawings, design criteria, design calculations, preliminary studies, value engineering studies, process flow sheets, standard specifications, standard detail drawings, construction and/or fabrication drawings, equipment lists, technical specifications, as-built documentation and data sheets.
- Review shop drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs.
- Following the award of contracts and purchase orders as instructed, monitor the fabrication and construction work to ensure that it is executed in accordance with the engineering designs.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Assist in measuring the progress of the engineering work packages to ensure that project budgets and schedules are being met.
- Review the outcome of quality audits of engineering work and perform remedial work in accordance with the project procedures and the quality assurance plan.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BSc/B.Eng. Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or actively working towards professional registration.
- Minimum five (5) years project engineering experience. Experience in electrical design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards.
- Awareness of HSEC policy and standards.
- Good safety awareness
- Sound knowledge of client's 3D data-centric design systems.
- Sound knowledge of client's engineering management systems.
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.