Estimating Assistant Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 12/21/2021
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Estimating Assistant on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based mechanical contractor. The Estimating Assistant will provide administrative support to the estimating staff through various clerical duties, screening/directing phone calls, document management and bid submissions while working within strict timeframes/deadlines.
- Respond to Invitations to Bid in a timely manner
- Become familiar with managing and updating bid schedules for weekly distribution to Estimating department.
- Download bid documents and check/resolve problems in received information.
- Order, print and download documents as needed for estimates.
- Continually check and notify estimators of changes to bid information via applicable websites, telephone calls, emails etc.
- Review projects specifications for submission information, pre-bid notifications, bid forms, bid bond and insurance requirements, etc.
- Send and record Requests for Bids and addendums to vendors and subcontractors.
- Type Scope of Work checklists and/or proposal letters for Plan and Spec., Design Assist and Design Build projects.
- Verify and prepare lists of bid recipients.
- Answer and route all calls, and be prepared to receive verbal quotes during bid wrap-up.
- Assist lead estimator with obtaining MBE/WBE/DBE participation on projects.
- Update vendor/subcontractor contacts in both the Request for Bids list and Company contacts list.
- Assist in year-end close-out and storage of estimating records
- Set-up New Year electronic estimating logs for the entire Estimating department.
- Various other responsibilities associated with reporting to the Estimating Manager and the VP of Sales and Estimating.
- Discretion and loyalty as work within the estimating department is confidential
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and within a strict timeframe
- Communication skills both written and oral
- Organizational skills
- Accountability, reliable and flexible
- The ability to work without supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, Bluebeam and Dropbox
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) - four (4) years' experience in construction estimating.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.