Continuous Improvement Engineer – Mechanical Weirton, WV Posted: 1/5/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer on behalf of our client, a regionally based manufacturer. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will drive lean manufacturing initiatives throughout the facility and support new product launch initiatives.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs: applying knowledge of product design, fabrication assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished products and process capabilities.
- Provides manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides customers with first article inspection reports.
- Analyzing customer returns and implementing improvements to avoid them in the future.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- One (1) - three (3) + years relevant work experience.
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and a basic understanding of Six Sigma methodology is preferred.
- Strong technology capabilities - MS Office as well as general ERP knowledge.
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.