Mechanical Engineer Weirton, WV Posted: 1/5/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer on behalf of our client, a regionally based manufacturer. The Mechanical Engineer will research, plan and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates drafting and testing activities.
- Design new products such as pressure regulators, control valves, temperature and liquid level monitoring and controlling devices.
- Provide support on existing product lines of a variety of industrial instruments.
- Provide support to allow a smooth production release of new products.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Prepares design sketches, layouts and schematics as part of a design team.
- Performs analytical calculations, modeling, analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes comparisons with similar proven designs.
- Selects raw materials and components; develops specs for a new product.
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings using the Auto Cad or Inventor CAD package and directs the work of designers, drafters, and technicians as required.
- Develops cost estimates bases on specs.
- Provide product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standard.
- Performs dimensional and functional inspection of prototypes.
- Designs test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for assembling and testing products.
- Evaluates pre-production field installations and implements design modifications to eliminate undesired performance and to enhance desired product features.
- Train production on assembly and test of new products.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering.
- MSME, CAD and pneumatic design experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of AutoCAD system.
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills.
- Good administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or team player.
- Temperature/pressure equipment experience is a plus.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.