Electrical Staff Engineer PIttsburgh, PA Posted: 1/6/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Staff Engineer for our client, a local Pittsburgh engineering consultant, to add to their growing organization.
- Development of motor list and drawings such as one-lines, motor control schematics (3-lines), grounding, lighting design, conduit and cable schedules and conduit plans/interconnects. Coordinate designer work as needed.
- Provide support to Process for PID development, to Mechanical for plant layout and Instruments for motor control philosophy.
- Develop electrical distribution hardware specifications.
- Perform necessary electrical calculations for cable sizing, heat tracing, and system design per NEC or other specified job standards. These calculations may require the use of department or vendor software packages.
- Perform necessary electrical short circuit, load flow, relay coordination and arc flash studies.
- Participate in training to improve skill set and develop abilities for advancement.
- Ability to use company software packages including basic project management tools.
- Help with estimating and proposal work.
- Ability to organize required work to complete a project and direct designers in this process.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electric Code) and familiarity with international standards (IEC).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if required. May involve extended site time for startup duties
- Ability to perform required field work such as climb stairs and ladders, wear required safety gear, pass plant safety training and drug testing.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent job experience
- Two (2) - ten (10) years of experience in the field of electrical design
- EIT strongly preferred with planned advancement towards PE
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.