CNC Punch and Break Operator Natrona Heights, PA Posted: 1/11/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a CNC Punch and Break Operator on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh area-based manufacturer. The CNC Punch and Break Operator sets up programs and operates CNC turret punches to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, punch ability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on CNC punches.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate punching factors. ability to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out‑of‑tolerance punching, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions of finished part using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, CMMs and Vertek laser inspection.
- Properly deburr edges and holes of parts.
- Protect parts from damage during run and subsequent operations. Ability to set up and operate CNC press brakes.
- Ability to select appropriate punches and dies for bending.
- May confer production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Determine when a measurement is falling out of spec.
- Identify common materials.
- Blue Print Reading: ability to identify and interpret various view orientations.
- Ability to identify company, drawing # and revision level.
- Ability to identify tolerances.
- Ability to interpret bill of materials (B.O.M.)
- Ability to calculate bend allowances for various materials.
- Ability to grind dull punches and dies.
- Production Processes: Can recognize when exceeding routed times for set-up & production.
- Can identify proper materials, overall sizes, number of holes, of holes, finishes etc.
- Can set basic tool offsets.
- Set machine zeros, punch and die offset values,
- Program and adjust CNC program values.
- Knowledge of CNCKAD.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.