CNC Mill Operator Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/11/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a CNC Mill Operator on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh area-based manufacturer. The CNC Mill Operator Sets up and operates CNC machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on CNC machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out‑of‑tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, mms and gauge blocks.
- Properly deburr edges and holes of parts. Protect parts from damage during run and subsequent operations.
- May install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- May confer production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Determine when a measurement is falling out of spec.
- Identify common materials.
- Take measurements using a bore gauge.
- Blue Print Reading: ability to identify and interpret various view orientations.
- Ability to identify company, drawing # and revision level.
- Ability to identify tolerances.
- Ability to interpret bill of materials (B.O.M.)
- Follow and understand tap drill charts.
- Supervised Machine Adjustment.
- Production Processes: Can recognize when exceeding routed times for set-up & production.
- Can identify proper materials, overall sizes, number of holes, size and depth of holes, correct threads, etc.
- Can set basic tool offsets, change cutter comp values.
- Set machine zeros, tram pins, preload offset values,
- With Supervision: Adjust CNC program values, (feeds, speeds, depths, etc.).
- Indicate vises, fixtures chucks, indexers, etc.
- Understand basic 'G' codes.
- Saw baseplates, operate saws safely. Identify proper sawblades.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.