Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/11/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, a well-known engineering consultant in Pittsburgh. Based on project requirements, the Electrical Engineer will complete engineering and design for electrical distribution systems up to and including medium voltage. They will also work with our client and others in the preparation of the project deliverables. This engineer will interface directly with the client through written and verbal communication, prepare electrical load calculations, prepare equipment and installation specifications, and size and select equipment and check work of others.
- Determines project requirements related to the Electrical systems
- Performs engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepares equipment specifications and purchase requisitions
- Provides oversight and checks work of designers
- Prepares work packages for electrical contractors
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintains proper engineering project files and records
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum ten (10) years of direct electrical design engineering experience in an industrial environment
- P.E. License preferred
- Experience and capability in design of low and medium voltage distribution systems, high voltage experience beneficial but not required.
- Proficient in load and short circuit studies.
- Understanding of Electrical Codes and Standards
- Proficient in the use of SKM, ETAP or EasyPower software
- AutoCAD experience beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to define project scopes
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.