Mechanical/Process Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/12/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical/Process Engineer for our client, a well-known local consulting engineering company. The Mechanical/Process Engineer will develop process calculations, mass/ heat balances, reports and data tables for industrial projects. They will also work with others in the preparation of flow diagrams and P&IDs, prepares outage packages for NDT of piping welds for contractors, and perform vessel design. The position will also create piping and stress analysis calculations and interface with client engineers through written and verbal communication.
- Initiates engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepares process documents
- Prepares / reviews equipment specifications
- Prepares work plans for weld testing and tracks data
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conducts field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintains proper engineering files and records
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum eight (8) years of process engineering experience in an industrial environment
- P.E. License preferred
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams, and mass/ heat balances
- Experienced in developing process P&IDs.
- Experience in mechanical equipment specifications.
- Experience in Pressure Vessel design beneficial
- Understanding of Industry Codes and Standards (ASTM, ANSI, ISA)
- Process control / functional description experience beneficial
- Ability to read and understand equipment drawings
- Familiar with piping design and engineering beneficial
- Able to conduct field investigations to verify design conditions
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.