Sr. Geotechnical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/13/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Geotechnical Engineer on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based engineering consultant.
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will assist in the completion of geotechnical projects within a wide variety of market sectors with a focus on dam safety and foundation engineering. The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of our various remedial and new dam design projects, from planning and feasibility studies to conceptual and final design. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer should have experience with the planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs, completion of various geotechnical analyses including seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures; and development of construction plans and specifications.
- Perform geotechnical calculations for various projects including but not limited to seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, and tieback anchors.
- Prepare written reports and documentation, geotechnical correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications.
- Plan subsurface explorations and laboratory testing investigations.
- Execute subsurface investigations in support of geotechnical design including site reconnaissance.
- Provide support during construction of various projects.
- Perform dam safety inspections.
- Travel requirement: approximately 15%
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- Eight (8) + years of geotechnical experience including numerical modeling of geotechnical systems.
- Experience with basic packages such as GeoStudio, STABL, SLIDE, LPILE.
- Experience with development of geotechnical deliverables including calculation packages, reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work both independently and within technical teams.
- Master's degree with focus on geotechnics.
- Experience with FEM / FDM packages such as PLAXIS 3D, Midas 3D, FLAC3D or similar.
- Programming / Scripting skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.