Technical Service Representative Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/14/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is seeking a Technical Service Representative on behalf of our client, a leading manufacturer in the Pittsburgh region. This is a full-time, permanent position located out of our client's local office. The Technical Service Representative will provide specialized machinery repairs to customers and end users by performing the following duties:
- Responds to customer inquiries on the telephone, through on-line networks and in person.
- Communicates with customers to troubleshoot and help them understand how to use the product properly.
- Handles customer problems that appear to arise from the use of the product.
- Handles requests for replacing defective parts.
- Makes field service calls for new product start up and equipment repairs.
- Communicates with programmers and engineers regarding system and machine issues and follows-up to make sure fixes are received and tested.
- Completes, maintains and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
- Assists in final testing of new products and conformance to quality requirements.
- 40% to 80% Travel may be required; travel will vary each month.
- Some international travel is possible
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of two year technical degree, with two - three years related experience in similar type industry, or equivalent experience and training.
Competencies & Skills:
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Written reports are essential to job performance.
- Higher level commensurate with technical evaluation used in troubleshooting.
- Good deductive reasoning skills applied to cause and effect of mechanical and electrical functions.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop and bend frequently.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.