Senior Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/18/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our client, a well-known engineering consultant in Pittsburgh, to add to their growing organization. The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing expert level design and analysis work as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. They will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion.
- Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its 'Core Values.'
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's 'Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.'
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
- Independently evaluates, selects and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Designs and conducts experiments and analysis and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Coordinates tasks with engineers, designers, and administrative staff.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Receives general direction on key objectives.
- Receives guidance, when necessary, on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
- Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Performs other related duties, as directed.
- BS Degree in Engineering required; MS degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desirable.
- Six (6) + years related engineering experience.
- Understanding of PFDs and P&IDs; 3D and 2D routing and modeling; development of complete electrical power distribution construction drawing and specification packages.
- Proficiency in IEEE, NEC, and NESC standards.
- Demonstrable success in industrial power distribution projects including medium voltage utility tie in down through low voltage facility distribution is required; such experience in the Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Experience using ETAP, EasyPower, SKM, PSS, or other modeling software is required.
- Experience designing the layout and spacing, specifying the equipment, performing grounding studies, and performing protection and coordination studies for utility distribution and/or transmission substation projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience supervising the testing and commissioning of industrial and/or utility substations is preferred.
- Experience performing sag and tension calculations and pole selection / placement is preferred.
- Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with project management software such as MS Project or Primavera is desirable.
- Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under time sensitive deadlines.
- Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills; ability to prepare and make project related presentations to clients is desirable.
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.