Structural Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 1/19/2022
Contract Full Time
4-6 Months +
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Engineer for our client, a growing engineering consultant in Pittsburgh, to add to their organization. The Structural Engineer will have an opportunity to design the latest state-of-the-art facilities in a wide range of markets such as industrial, manufacturing, oil & gas, solid waste, and power.
- Possess an understanding of structural codes and standards
- Work under the supervision of a senior engineer to:
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs such as STAAD, RAM, TEDDS, SP-MATS, and Hilti Profis for the design of buildings, building foundations, equipment foundations, masonry structures, miscellaneous concrete and steel structures, and anchor rods
- Prepare structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, primarily steel, concrete, and masonry
- Provide quality oversight for structural designs performed by others
- Be the main point of contact for the structural discipline when meeting with the project manager, other discipline leads, and the customer
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers and designers
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines
- Generate structural engineering hour estimates to complete ongoing work and for new proposals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline is required
- Five (5) + years of experience in structural engineering with relevant experience on industrial or manufacturing type projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards such as ACI, AISC, AIST, ASCE, and AWS
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of structural design software
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform field/site visits
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 10%)
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering is a plus
- REVIT, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam experience is a plus
- P.E. Registration or E.I.T. with multiple years' work under the supervision of a P.E.
- S.E. Registration
- Experience with leading a team of engineers and designers
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.