DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Protection and Control Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 2/14/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Protection and Control Designer for our client, a local engineering firm, to add to their growing organization. The Protection and Control Designer will provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings, and sketches.
- Continuous improvement of job-related, technical, and professional knowledge, skills, and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintain accurate records and files
- Support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or two (2) to four (4) years of experience and an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or five (5) to ten (10) years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Proven AutoCAD and/or MicroStation skills
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry
- Ability to use AutoCAD for basic drawing revisions.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic wiring diagrams; and create engineering drawing packages.
- Ability to trouble shoot control drawings, relay logic, or ladder logic.
- Ability to interpret written specifications and implement them on engineering drawings.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.