Technical Sales Engineer/Sales Manager Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/3/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Sales Engineer for our client, a leading manufacturer in the Pittsburgh region. The Technical Sales Engineer will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and will contribute to scout new customers, manage existing accounts and educate the stakeholders about new technology or customer applications.
- Investigating and qualifying sales leads
- Ability to analyze RFQs to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Translating and explaining highly complex technical information to customers and clients, focusing on revealing how a product or piece of equipment can solve specific problems
- Evaluate company's capability to pursue specific customer or new applications.
- Prepare technical offer, completed with descriptions cost sheets and all other necessary ancillary documentation
- Negotiate contractual terms, prices and scope of work
- Keep informed on industry news and trends; collect competitive market intelligence
- Institute and consolidate relationships with raw material suppliers
- Participation to tradeshows, conferences and seminars with interest for the NA market
- Confer with mechanical, electrical and controls engineers,
- Confer, negotiate and team up with the equivalent counterparts located in the Italian HQ and other strategic overseas locations of the group
- Cold calls to perspective customers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent four-year technical degree. Business oriented education represents a plus.
- Three (3) - five (5) years sales experience in related industries (capital equipment preferred).
- Strong collaborator and team player, influencer with advanced communication skills, including presenting to large groups and at conferences or trade shows
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), CRM software (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent)
- Deep understanding of plastic or polyurethane and composites markets, in particular automotive
- Capable of domestic and international travels (up to 50% of working days) to clients' manufacturing plants, tradeshow events, headquarters in Italy as needed
- Italian language proficiency is a plus
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.