DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Sr. Mechanical Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/16/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Designer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
The Sr. Mechanical Designer will prepare to scale, orthographically correct, computer generated and completed arrangement drawings, as well as complete calculations to support the design represented, for equipment that is to meet the 'As-Sold' specifications for the assigned project. The Designer will check completed drawings to assure that they meet design and dimensional requirements. Applies knowledge of line engineering, machine design (reducers, bearings, etc.), strength of materials (stress calculations), motor characteristics, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Applies a thorough understanding of the client's engineering standards, client standards and architecture, and drafting fundamentals. Performs with minimum supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes to scale, orthographically correct, computer-generated Arrangement drawings with little or no reference.
- Insures that published client engineering standards and client CAD standards and architecture are maintained and applied in the preparation of all drawings.
- Ensures that the finalized machine design conforms to all applicable specifications.
- Prepare the necessary design calculations to substantiate the feasibility of the equipment.
- With instructions from the supervisor, effectively utilize company-wide document retrieval system.
- Assists Senior Draftsmen, Draftsmen and Draftsman Trainees in the performance of their duties and in becoming qualified for promotion.
- Provide design and dimensional check for assigned equipment.
- As required by Engineering Management, prepare, or assist in the preparation of purchased component drawings in advance of formal issue to allow timely purchase of long lead items.
- Check engineering Bills of Material for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform shop inspection of completed machines.
- Perform field inspections, trouble shooting.
- Other related duties that may be required from time to time.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires two years' education beyond high school or documentable equivalent experience.
- Trade school training is desirable.
- Must be capable of applying standard engineering analytical approaches to machine design problems, for example, stress analysis and kinematics.
- Must have ten (10) + years of drafting experience, largely on heavy-duty machinery.
- A working knowledge of Windows Explorer, AutoCAD Mechanical, and Solid Edge Software is required.
- The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.