Mechanical/HVAC Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 3/31/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical/HVAC Engineer for our client, a local engineering consultant in Pittsburgh. The Mechanical/HVAC Engineer will perform Mechanical/Piping system design work under the direction of the Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer.
- Mid-level position for a degreed engineer working under the direction of a senior engineer.
- Perform assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities in support of a project team.
- Develop and maintain a good work ethic, i.e. cooperative, hard working, focused and aware of his responsibilities and limitations.
- Work well with other disciplines and experience levels.
- Skilled with Internet searches, excel spreadsheets, and data mining.
- Performance of calculations for hydronic pressure drop and pump sizing, heat and mass balances, piping, valve and insulation selection, and equipment sizing.
- Develop familiarity with ASME piping and pressure vessel codes, ASTM and other industry standards.
- Willingness to take direction and try any assigned task.
- Ability to speak and write in the English language is essential.
- Prepare specifications and technical reports requiring minimal review.
- Able to support and direct designers.
- Performs lead engineer functions. (Optional PE exam after five years in responsible charge of Engineering.)
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Major in Mechanical Engineering or sufficient experience in process pipe calculations, design, and layout.
- Experience performing HVAC heating and cooling load calculations.
- Experience performing HVAC Equipment Sizing and Design.
- Experience using Caesar II pipe stress program.
Required Licenses or Certificates:
- EIT Certification.
- Valid driver's license for state of residence
- Valid passport or the ability to get one.
- Valid major credit card for travel expenses (reimbursed monthly based on expense account submittal)
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.