Civil Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 4/18/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Civil Engineer for our client, a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company.
As a Civil Engineer, you will perform work on various projects from small scale support roles (utility extensions, minor roadways, etc.) to complex infrastructure and site improvement projects. Most projects are with industrial clients or linear projects (power) in easements or rights-of-way. Work scopes involve site planning, site grading and underground utility design for storm water collection, sanitary sewer collection and pumping, water distribution for both potable and service water, and fire water systems. Other project requirements may include some or all of the following: design of industry rail access and yard track layout; preparation of permit applications and documents for review agency permitting; coordination of work with project team; coordinating and directing survey services to be performed by others; preparing exhibits for client or public presentations.
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering design and calculations.
- Develop technical specifications and work scopes.
- Assist in field work for design development and problem-solving activities.
- Perform vendor and/or contractor submittal and RFI reviews.
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Prepare engineering deliverables in compliance with accepted engineering principles, company standards and the customer contract specifications while achieving value engineering design that meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification required, PE License preferred
- Three (3) + years of experience in site development engineering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.