Senior Mechanical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 4/18/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our client, a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will have responsibility for both technical design engineering and mechanical lead responsibilities. The responsibilities include directly executing designs and engineering tasks, leading resources to execute mechanical tasks within multi-discipline design projects and working closely with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and execute mechanical work on projects as well as utilizing shared resources effectively. This position is a client facing role that takes technical ownership of mechanical design and helps drive 'big picture' project objectives within a consulting design environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution plan.
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop mechanical design solutions and leads 3D design model reviews with client team.
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, performs detailed engineering calculations, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Interact with other engineering disciplines, project managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange project pertinent information.
- Collaborate with Client and Project Manager to identify scope changes through formal change management procedures.
- Communicate project execution and planning updates to upstream and downstream team members.
- Mentor and develop engineering and design staff.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with experience.
- PE License (EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE), or Master's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Six (6) years of mechanical engineering work experience with demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification Pressure and Rotating Process equipment
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel Design, Evaluation, & FFS
- Industrial Ventilation/Environmental Pollution Controls
- Design & Specification of Material Handling systems & equipment
- Stress and Flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or metals industries
- Advanced Mechanical Evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering tools
- Welding and Metallurgy design
- Water treatment experience
- Four (4) years of engineering design and collaboration experience developing complex design within a 3D environment using AutoCAD/Plant3D, SolidWorks, Inventor, Revit, and/or Navisworks.
- Two (2) years of experience executing project work as a Project Engineer or Design Team Leader.
- High proficiency using Microsoft products for engineering, budgeting, scheduling, and reporting (Teams, Excel, Project, Access, Word, and Outlook).
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.