Electrical Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 4/26/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our client, a well-known engineering consultant in the Pittsburgh area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out with the assigned team, all engineering and design works of electrical power projects including switching schemes and single line diagrams; three-line diagrams; control elementary and connection wiring diagrams; electrical equipment sizing and specification; equipment arrangements; above ground and underground raceway systems; layouts for lighting and grounding; lightning protection; communication and network architecture, and; cable sizing and scheduling.
- Ensure that work is executed in accordance with sound engineering principles.
- Provide input into improvement ideas during project execution and close-out.
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology is required.
- 0 to 5 years of related experience in electrical engineering.
- Learning exposure or experience in design related to Power Systems.
- Experience in electrical design related to electrical power projects including: switching schemes and single line diagrams, power system analysis, protection and control schemes, three lines, logic diagrams, elementary and connection wiring diagrams, equipment sizing and specification, equipment arrangement, above ground and underground raceway systems, overhead buswork, layouts for power, lighting and grounding, lightning protection, AC and DC power supplies, communication, routing information for all cables and so on
- Having exposure to preparing schematic and wiring diagrams, load flow, short circuit, transformer sizing, cable sizing, protection and control schemes, grounding, lighting, cable trays and conduit layout drawings is required.
- Above average communication skills (client relations, team project communications, and proposal and report development).
- Working experience in the study, technical knowledge and design expertise of electrical distribution systems for the power industry will be considered a huge asset.
- Working experience in a consulting environment will be considered an asset.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.