DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Senior Piping Designer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/4/2022
DESIGNERS / DRAFTERS
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Piping Designer for our client, a well-known national engineering consultant, to add to their growing Pittsburgh office.
As a Lead Piping Designer, you will create and establish complex designs consistent with good practices, client requirements and conformance to Codes & Standards. The Lead Designer will also apply standard drafting techniques to generate and interpret drawings in support of assigned projects and provide guidance and leadership to drafters and designers to ensure that all established Company design standards and practices are followed.
- Work with discipline leads to establish budgets for tasks and deliverables and make sure they are distributed and maintained.
- Coordinate work of other lead designers assigned to the task.
- CAD Design of basic equipment layouts, piping routings that are consistent with codes, standards, and client requirements.
- Ensure that discipline leads have the correct project standards and checklists.
- Maintain and update the overall 3D model as required.
- Participate in meetings with clients as requested by Project Manager.
- Assure all QA / QC standards are adhered to.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and staff around professionalism, trust, integrity, and collaboration.
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree in Drafting or Design with ten (10) + years of relevant experience.
- On-hands experience in developing equipment, overall facility layouts, preparation of overall 3D piping model, preparation of orthographic drawings, isometrics, bill of materials, and selection and design of piping supports.
- Strong understanding of piping systems for industrial systems.
- ON-hands experience with 3D design products like CADWorx, Plant 3D or Autoplant.
- Experience in designs of industrial facilities, natural gas treatment, oil and gas or power industries
- Working knowledge of Earned Value for project performance monitoring.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Excellent attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.