Senior Instrumentation/Controls Technician Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/4/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Technician for our client located in the Pittsburgh region.
The Instrumentation and Controls Technician should have the ability to manage a crew of four – five technicians and be onsite to help install or calibrate equipment used in an industrial environment. This position will also be the liaison to the customer relaying information about installations and construction. They will also run reports and help train new technicians.
- Assist with plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of design and field work
- Assist with preparation and updates of project design milestones
- Perform designs and calculations in accordance with established department standards; Design procedures, design guidelines, and best practices
- Identify customer's needs and translates them into design specifications
- Prepares engineering reports, studies, and calculations
- Checks existing drawings as required
- Perform field installations and calibrations
- Perform shop assemblies and associated activities
- Establishes design concepts and design data for work assigned to project teams and assures technical accuracy and conformance to project requirements
- Independently evaluates the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals
- Coordinates work flow to I&C team. Directs, assists, and checks work of designers and others assigned to projects
- Prepare I&C design deliverables including providing input to P&IDs, Instrument Index, Instrument Specifications, Control System Specifications
- Assist I&C designer with development of Design Drawings including Control System Architecture, Control Panel Layouts with BOM, Power Junction Box (PJB), Instrument Junction Box (IJB), Instrument Loop Wiring Diagrams, Control Schematics, Cable Schedules, Instrument Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans
- Coordinates details and miscellaneous design criteria with other engineering disciplines
- Reviews I&C drawings and specifications and other disciplines' deliverables including Piping's 3-D Model and Isometrics checks, Electrical Cable & Conduits for compliance with department and project needs and client standards
- Checks and approves designers' and drafters' shop drawings and/or vendor drawings
- Executes work within labor-hour budgets and schedule constraints
- Monitors and manages project Change Requests as required
- Creates and maintains updated files of project including shop drawings and discipline drawings
- Prepares construction specifications and construction documents
- Helps train less experienced technicians
- The Instrumentation and Controls Technician should be a self-motivated, detail oriented professional
- Six (6) to ten (10) years engineering and design experience in instrumentation and control systems with technical expertise in petrochemical, oil and gas projects.
- The technician should have good understanding and knowledge of industry codes and standards (NFPA/NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API, and ASI) and I&C design tools including working experience with SPI (InTools).
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to program VFD's as well as PLCs is desired
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.