Class C Machinist Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 5/13/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Class C Machinist on behalf of our client, a Pittsburgh based manufacturer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and Operates CNC machines and other equipment
- 'Independently' runs multiple machines during assigned shift
- Takes responsibility for and determines the action needed to ensure machines continue to produce during your shift
- Login to Job Boss daily to document machine activity during your shift.
- Initial and date Job Travelers and know how they are used to track job flow in the shop
- Maintains tools as necessary to complete objectives. Make tool off-sets, change warn inserts and tooling
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Understand and be proficient at using necessary measuring instruments.
- Be able to read blueprints and produce parts to required specifications.
- Be able to learn to reset/fix machine when specific alarm codes are indicated due to tool break or machine malfunction.
- Perform required maintenance on the machines and fill out required maintenance associated paperwork.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Clean machined parts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) year machining work experience required preferably CNC Turning.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and technology used in the set-up and safe operation of various types of machines.
- Some ability to diagnose manual machine failures and perform minor repairs.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Be aware of hazards and work with safety as a priority.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction and capable of reading blueprints.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Eager to learn new things and self- motivated.
- Able to see tasks through to completion.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read blueprints
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.