Renewable Energy Engineer Pittsburgh, PA Posted: 6/13/2022
Permanent or Contract
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Renewable Energy Engineer for our client, a well-known international consulting engineering firm. This position reports through our client's Pittsburgh, PA office and is fully remote.
The focus of this position will be on agricultural / commercial / industrial / utility client programs in the U.S. and Canada, but may also include support related to our Federal, State and Local programs and international projects. Periodic travel to project sites for meetings, audits, or other activities may be required.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical disciplines preferred).
- Three (3) - seven (7) years of experience in energy generation and for industry. A minimum of three (3) years is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have direct industry experience with bioenergy / waste to energy and specifically material handling and conversion of organic materials via various types of anaerobic digestion and utilization of biogas to generate heat, power, and/or fuel.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental requirements.
- An EIT or PE or similar certification is strongly preferred.
- Incumbent may be conducting field work for site audits which could potentially require the following: exposure to varying weather conditions, wearing FRC clothing; standing, crouching, and sitting.
- Knowledge of the correct use of instruments and the correct selection of materials of manufacture suited for the intended service.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Demonstration of past use and knowledge of expert level software systems used in the design of chemical processes and chemical process equipment. Example preferred software packages include:
- Thermochemical process modeling software such as: ProMax - Bryan Research & Engineering; Aspen HYSIS; Symmetry - Schlumberger; CHEMCAD; Pipeflow
- Design Software such as: AutoCAD; AutoCAD Plant 3D
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.