Project Engineer Callery, PA Posted: 6/24/2022
Permanent Full Time
Technical Solutions Inc. is currently seeking a Project Engineer on behalf of our client, a manufacturer with offices in the Pittsburgh area.
The Project Engineer provides technical and administrative leadership on projects to which he is assigned. Coordinates project activities with internal departments, customers, outside services and suppliers. Including design layouts on critical items, checks all designs for conformance to customer specifications, meeting of budgeted project cost and scheduled engineering dates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assistance in the preparation of the 'pre-engineering' package for new projects in cooperation with Applications and Sales Engineers to review with Engineering Managers, Purchasing, Production, Manufacturing, and Field Service as required.
- Establishes manpower requirements for assigned contracts and coordinates these requirements with the Engineering Managers.
- Establishes and maintains schedules on assigned projects. Prepares requisitions for long delivery items with sufficient lead time.
- Consults with Engineering Managers for any problems existing or anticipated in connection with the completion of assigned projects.
- Establishes design concepts for machinery on all assigned contracts in consultation with appropriate Engineering Department personnel and Sales Engineers.
- Provides technical guidance within their specialty to other members of the Engineering Department when requested.
- Maintains contacts with external professionals and scientific personnel to keep abreast of new developments and technologies within the area of their specialty.
- Communicates findings, recommendations, and solutions to Project Engineers, Sales Engineers, and others in complete, meaningful, and clear reports, both oral and written.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time will be required for review of outside contractors, equipment purchased, inspections, customer meetings, and implementation of projects.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degree related to the area of specialization (mechanical engineering preferred) or equivalent experience is required
- Some degree of formal training is required
- At least five years of practical industrial experience is required
- The capability to function as a consultant in the area of specialization.
- 3D CAD experience is required.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Technical Solutions Inc. provides a wide range of staffing services throughout Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia. Simplify the job search process by letting us do all the work! With 30 years of expertise, we have the resources, techniques and insights to guide your job search. Our staff will work with you one-on-one to understand your needs and discuss your options. We can even send your resume to multiple job openings that you are a fit for, giving you opportunities to choose from. We reach out to hiring managers for feedback, coordinate and schedule interviews, and advocate on your behalf so that you get the best offer possible. At TSI, we genuinely care about our employees and want to see you succeed. No candidate is ever promised something we do not deliver. The best part is that there are no fees or cost for any of our services. For more information on our company and to view all of our exciting job opportunities, please visit www.tsiwork.com or give us a call at 724-733-2100.